The Hochzillertal ski area – part of the 1st holiday region in the Zillertal
Awaiting you are over 90 km of ski slopes as well as fast, state-of-the-art lifts. Whether an avid skier, snowboarding pro, slope newcomer, or family with children - this vacation will be a winter dream come true for everyone and every ability level.
In Hochfügen, freeriders will find seemingly endless off-piste possibilities, and in the Betterpark Hochzillertal, freestylers can show off their skills on numerous kicks. Other special highlights include night skiing and deep snow ski runs during the winter season.
Directly in the Hochzillertal ski area, there is also a high-altitude cross-country ski trail, which offers an alternative to skiing. Access is located at the Neuhütten 6-pers. chair lift at an elevation of 1,800 m. The difficulty level of the loop trail is intermediate and has a length of 1 km.
It is raining awards!
Congratulations to the Kaltenbach – Hochzillertal/Hochfügen ski area (SKi-optimal) for the following awards:
The ski resort was voted test winner 2022 by Skiresort.info, the largest test portal for ski resorts in the world
in the categories "5-star ski area" and "Arrival, parking".
And what's more, the ZILLERTAL is the test winner 2022 in the category "Best Ski Valley" - wow!
New features in the ski area for the current winter season
- Wimbachexpress cable car with gondola for 10 people, at the summit station "Albergo" viewing platform with restaurant and sun lounge at an elevation of 2,400 m
- Funny slope in the Fun Park at the Kristallhütte
- “Zwergerl Club" guest kindergarten at the central station
- Winter hiking trail: summit station – Marendalm – Wimbachexpress valley station – descent – "Albergo" panoramic restaurant
- Winter hiking path: Wedelhütte to the Wimbachexpress/Albergo summit station